All Verizon Galaxy S5 users are getting the much-awaited Android 5.0 Lollipop update starting from today. This is a big update for all Galaxy S5 users.
Android 5.0 Lollipop will bring in many new features and of course you will get a shiny new user interface with all new material design from Google. Samsung also tried to reuse the material design as much as possible in TouchWiz interface.
This is an OTA update, but before you can install Lollipop update you need to install another small update. After that update is over you can download and install Android Lollipop.
This is an automatic update, so you will get a notification once it is available for your phone. But still you can manually check in the phone-setting menu for all available updates.
Here is the complete change log
- Material Design – Android Lollipop brings the all-new material design offering fluid animations, vivid colored themes, and 3-D views for a more pleasurable experience
- Basic Interaction – Bolder color and more fluid animation; The on/off toggle button style updated based on material design
- Lock Screen – The shortcuts for both Phone and Camera are provided for convenience; Material design-inspired notifications; Ability to set priority and privacy for notifications on lock screen; Provide music control as a card to utilize the real estate of the lock screen UI; Brighter look and feel, bold colors, fluid animation inspired by material design.
- TouchWiz – Floating action buttons provide easy access to the app’s most important features, such as adding a new contact or favorite, or composing a text message
- Floating Action Button – Floating action buttons provide easy access to the app’s most important features, such as adding a new contact or favorite, or composing a text message.
- Interruptions – Interruptions give you more advanced options to control your sound settings; Priority notifications such as events and reminders, phone calls, and messages can be set up to sound or vibrate while all other notifications are muted; Set downtime for specific days and times to control notification sounds automatically
- Recents – Easy access to your Chrome tabs right from the Recent apps page; Multi-window icons for ease-of-use during multi-tasking.