Popular media player VLC now updated to play H.265 videos directly on MAC and PC. That means you can now play Samsung NX1 4K video footage without converting to other video formats.
Samsung NX1 only supports H.265 video format for 4K and till now you need to convert the videos to H.264. Samsung themselves provided a nifty converter for free called “Samsung Movie Converter”.
But with the support for native H.265 playback, VLC now can play all your NX1 4K videos without any hassel.
DON’T MISS: Samsung NX1 Mirrorless Camera Review
Download the latest VLC 2.2.0 from this link
Here is the complete change log
- 2.2.0 Highlights
- VLC 2.2.0 “Weatherwax” is a new major update of VLC.
- VLC 2.2.0 auto-rotates the videos taken from phones, to fight Vertical Video Syndrome!
- VLC now resumes where you left off in all versions
- Improves support for new HD codecs, VP9, opus and H.265/HEVC, for decoding and for encoding.
- Extensions are now downloadable from within the application.
- VLSub extension can download subtitles from the application.
- We release at the same time, new versions and betas for iOS, Android, Windows Phone, Android TV and Windows RT.
Thanks Paul Williams for the tip. @pavlw