Samsung released another firmware update for NX1 mirrorless cameras. With this update the firmware version is updated from 1.32 to 1.40.
Although this is a minor update, Samsung managed to add new features and also improved some existing features. According to change log it is quite clear that many existing bugs are fixed. The new version also brings in a new feature to add image stabilization while shooting videos, which will be helpful for videographers.
Here is the complete change log of the Samsung firmware version 1.40
- Title – Firmware version 1.40
- Applicable Model – NX1
- Carrier or Corporate Customer – Open market
- DescriptionPlease use i-Launcher program when you want to upgrade your camera.Refer to Firmware upgrade guide.[Caution] During upgrading firmware, a camera turns itself on and off two times.Do not cut off the power and Do not remove battery before complete message.[v.1.40]1. Increased continous maximum shot counts
– 15fps JPEG : 70ea > 90ea
– 15fps RAW : 20ea > 25ea2. Added Video DIS (except 120p, VGA size video)3. Added AEL at M mode, ISO Auto setting4. Added Focus Peaking menu in button setting menu
- Improved AF to work during zooming (6 Supporting Lens : 16-50mm S, 50-150mm S, 16-50mm PZ, 18-55mm III, 12-24mm, 50-200mm III) * Please updated Lens together with Latest version Lens Firmware can be updated by iLauncher
- Add Flash Exposure info. display on Live view Live view (when Flash is ON)
- Improved battery display to show both internal & external remains together when vertical grip is mounted
- Improved Playback speed of photo
- Improved sound quality of external Mic. (only for Auto MIC Control OFF)
- Overall fixed minor bugs* Refer to the Description for new function detail explanation.