The Chainfire’s rooting tool, CF – Auto-Root, besides the fact that it is available for the Galaxy S8, it is also available for the S8 Plus. So, if you own a brand new Galaxy S8 Plus, and you want to root it, the CF – Auto-Root tool gives you that opportunity.
In a topic before, we already mentioned how you can root your Galaxy S8 with CF – Auto-Root. The rooting procedure is the same for the Galaxy S8 Plus, so in this topic you will find the same steps that we mentioned before with the Galaxy S8.
So, let us begin. Before you start with your rooting process, you must be aware and read all the warnings from Chainfire. Also, you should make sure that you will back up all of your data on your smartphone. Besides the backup checkout, you must also install USB drivers on your PC. Make sure that you also download the correct file for your model number and that your device is fully charged.
Also, what is very important is that you must check if you have Developer Options in your Settings menu. If you don’t see it, there is a way to get it shown up. Go to Settings -> About Phone -> Software Info and tap about five times to enable the Developer Options.
Enter the Developer Options and scroll down to find OEM Unlock, and then enable it.
How to Root Galaxy S8 Plus with CF – Auto-Root
What is also very important, is that you must check if your Galaxy S8 Plus is supported for rooting. The CF – Auto-Root tool supports the following Galaxy S8 Plus models:
After you make sure that your model number is listed from the list above, and you read all the warnings from Chainfire, you are now ready to start rooting your Galaxy S8 Plus.
Let’s begin with rooting your device. First of all, you must download some required files. First step is to download Odin, and then download and extract Chainfire root tool for your Galaxy S8 Plus. After that, follow the next steps below:
- Unzip Odin on your computer and install it.
- Unzip Chainfire zip file and retrieve .tar.md5 file on your computer.
- Switch off your phone and enter Download Mode. To do this, press and hold the Volume Down + Bixby buttons simultaneously. After that press the Power button until you see the Android robot sign. Then, press the Volume Up button once to confirm.
- Open Odin on your PC and connect your Galaxy S8 Plus with your PC while it is in Download Mode.
- In Odin, click on the AP / PDA button and select the extracted .tar.md5 file from CF – Auto-Root tool file.
- Make sure that Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time are selected, then click on Start to initiate the root process.
- When it is finished, you will get a PASS message and ID:COM will turn green on Odin.
- After your device automatically reboots in the Recovery Mode and installs the necessary files, you will see the home screen.
- You can now disconnect your device.
In case if your device doesn’t boot into Recovery Mode, you can do it manually. Press the Power, Volume Up and Bixby buttons simultaneously. Then, simply enter the Recovery Mode. This should help you finish the whole process.
Even after you do this your device still doesn’t want to root, you will have to repeat the whole process all over again, and make sure that you are following them correctly.