Galaxy S7 SIM unlock procedure is pretty easy, and takes a short time of period. Once your device is unlocked, your device can be used by almost every carrier.
Most of the Galaxy S7 users have bought their device from a carrier for a discount of it. As a result of the discount, these users have SIM-locked phone. If some of you didn’t knew most carriers are locking their devices to their network and theirs only. That means that you cannot put a T-Mobile SIM card in your AT&T Galaxy S7 or S7 Edge and to use it. But, there is a solution for that by unlocking your device first.
The SIM unlock procedure is pretty easy, and takes a short time of period. Once your device is unlocked, your device can be used by almost every carrier.
There are several ways on how you can unlock your device, and we will take a look at some of them. There are also some 3rd party sites, like Unlockit.com which can easily get your job done.
Let’s take a look at some of the ways on how to unlock your Galaxy S7 or S7 Edge for free.
Unlock Samsung Galaxy S7
Method 1: If you have Unlock Code
First off, we will start with instructions for those who already have a SIM unlock code. If you are one of those users, then follow the next few steps below, and you will get it done in less than a minute. Also, for those who doesn’t have a SIM unlock code, follow the other methods.
- Dial #06# from your device and find your IMEI number
- Use the IMEI number to request a SIM unlock code from you carrier, or on a 3rd party website.
- Turn off your device.
- Remove the SIM card, and insert a SIM card from different carrier.
- Reboot your device.
- When prompted, just enter the provided SIM unlock code in the pop-up box and click Unlock.
- If everything is fine, the phone will say Network unlock successful.
With these few steps, you now have an unlocked version of your device, and you can use whatever SIM card from any carrier you want.
Now, for those who doesn’t have a SIM unlock code, you can try the next few solutions.
AT&T SIM Unlock Code
If you do have your device bought from the AT&T carrier, then you should try the next few steps below.
- Dial #06# from your device and find the IMEI number.
- Head over to the AT&T’s device unlocking website portal.
- Fill out the given form.
- Once you complete it, hit next and request a SIM unlock code.
- Remove the SIM card, and replace it with another SIM card from different carrier.
- Reboot the device and enter the code, then hit Unlock.
Sprint SIM Unlock Code
If your device is bought by the Sprint carrier, then also follow the next few steps below. Have in mind though, that the Sprint unlocking is a bit more difficult than the others, and it might take a little bit more time to complete.
These are the steps on how you can unlock your Sprint carrier Galaxy S7 or S7 Edge device.
- Dial #06# to find your IMEI number.
- Call the Sprint customer service by dialing 1-866-866-7509.
- Request a Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge SIM Unlock code.
- Select either Domestic or International SIM unlocking. By requesting the International SIM unlocking, the phone will not work on other US carriers. So, you will have to choose wisely.
- If you meet all of the requirements, a code will be sent to you within 1 to 48 hours. Once you receive the code from Sprint, simply follow the instruction that you will receive. Enter a non-Sprint carrier SIM card, reboot your device, then enter the code given and hit Unlock.
Besides the Sprint and AT&T carriers unlocking, you can unlock your device by using the Galaxy S7 Code Generator. These steps can be a little bit tricky, but not impossible.
The importance of the ordinary 15-digit number is not that ordinary at all. Some of the methods that you will try, require only your IMEI number, and they will do the rest of the job by themselves. With all steps finished, you will have an unlocked version of your device. That means that you can use every SIM card in the world on your device.