While this is not normal, but many times phones catch fire because of overheating. In a recent incedent, one Reddit user posted a new story that his Samsung Galaxy S5 caught fire while he was away for groceries.

Last year we posted a similar story that a Galaxy S4 caught fire of overheating. Samsung also suggested users not to use third party batteries. But in both of these cases the users were using original Samsung batteries.

Here is the story from Reddit user Jjhend

My Samsung Galaxy S5 Caught Fire.

Well, Earlier today I decided to take a quick run to the store for some groceries. Not planning on being out long I left my Galaxy S5 on my desk while I ran some errands. To my suprise when I came house smelled of electrical fire and my phone was sitting peacefully on my desk smoking. I poured a glass of water on the phone and then begain to observe it to see what happened. Here is the aftermath

Now lucky me the phone is over a year old and did not have a warrenty on it so it appears that im shit out of luck and still owe around $400 on this HOT phone.

Here are the photos Jjhend’s Galaxy S5 after it caught fire.

Galaxy S5 Caught Fire

Galaxy S5 Caught Fire

Galaxy S5 Caught Fire

Galaxy S5 Caught Fire

Galaxy S5 Caught Fire

Galaxy S5 Caught Fire

Source