If you want to unlock your Galaxy Note 4 and use the phone on your carrier of choice then this will help you.
There are different ways to unlock the Galaxy Note 4. Some suggests to pay for unlock code and some other tell you to root your phone. We are giving you three different ways to try and unlock your Galaxy Note 4.
The first one is free trick, which may work or may not work. We did not try this trick out. But our suggestion is there is no harm in trying this out. If this works, it is great. Or you can try one of the other two methods.
Unlock Samsung Galaxy Note 4
Unlock using free trick
- Insert the foreign SIM card into your Samsung Galaxy Note 4.
- Turn your handset off and back on again.
- On the dialpad on your phone, type in *#197328640#.
- Then select  UMTS >  Debug Screen >  Phone Control >  Network Lock > Options  Perso SHA256 OFF.
- Wait for 30 seconds or so before returning to your main menu by choosing back.
- In the main menu, you should see a “Network Lock” message, now choose  NW Lock NV Data INITIALLIZ.
Using Galaxy Note 4 Unlocking Code
If the above method does not work, use this. This will definitely unlock your Galaxy Note 4.
Go to Settings>> About device>> Status and check the IMEI of your phone. You can also get IMEI of your Galaxy Note 4 by typing *#06# on your Dial Pad.
Use a paid service to get your unlock code. You can use services such as www.getunlocked.com for purchasing an unlock code.
Unlock Galaxy Note 4 by Calling your Operator Customer Care
Most of the time your mobile carrier/operator can unlock your phone to use it internationally. Call your customer care to get the unlock code for free as well.
Here is what T-Mobile Galaxy Note 4 users need to follow.
- See if your phone is eligible to unlock: Mobile Wireless Device Unlocking. (Check below)
- Contact Customer Care to request the Mobile Device Unlock code for your phone.
- Insert a Non-T-Mobile SIM & turn the phone on.
- The phone will automatically prompt you to enter the code into an empty field.
- Tap in the empty field above Unlock & Dismiss.
- Input the unlock code provided by T-Mobile.
- Tap the Back button to remove the keyboard from screen.
- Tap Unlock.
- The phone will display Network Unlock Successful.
I checked with T-Mobile and they say on their website that the Unlock code for Galaxy Note 4 is free of charge. T-Mobile delivers the unlock code within 2 working days.
Basic requirements to get the Unlock code
- Device eligibility is determined as follows:
- The device must be a T-Mobile device.
- The device must not be reported as lost, stolen or blocked to T-Mobile.
- The account associated with the device must be in good standing.
- You have requested no more than 2 mobile device unlock codes per line of service in the last 12 months.
Here is the help page from T-Mobile to get all the required information: http://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-14677
For other like AT&T and Verizon, call the customer care directly and get the unlock code for Galaxy Note 4.
Get Cheap Unlock Codes
If the above options did not work for you, you can consider getting unlock code from a trusted supplier. We can recommend following two unlock code service providers:
Hope these steps helped you to unlock your Galaxy Note 4.