Samsung Galaxy S4 was released almost 2 years ago and is still one of the best smartphones in the market right now. To make things even better, Samsung is providing new updates for Galaxy S4.
There are many ways to do it, some techniques suggests you to pay for an unlock code and some to root your phone. But the tricks we are providing here are straight forward and you do not need to pay anything. Here are the simple tricks to unlock Galaxy S4 region lock.
Unlock Galaxy S4 TMobile for Free – Method 1
If you are a T-Mobile Galaxy S4 user, use the following steps to unlock your device. This is helpful if your device does not qualify the T-Mobile unlock policy.
Here are the steps:
- Goto phone dailer, and enter *#27663368378# for the debug service menu.
- In “ServiceMode”, select  UMTS
- In “UMTS MAIN MENU”, select  DEBUG SCREEN
- In “DEBUG SCREEN”, select  PHONE CONTROL
- In “PHONE CONTROL”, select  NETWORK LOCK
- In “NETWORK LOCK”, select  PERSO SHA256 OFF
It should show:
SHA256_OFF => SHA256_ON
- Now touch the first line SHA256_ENABLED_FLAG
It should show:
MENU NOT EXIST
PRESS BACK KEY
Current Command is 116631
- Now press the menu button and select “Back”
It should show:
SHA256_OFF => Not Change
- Again, press the menu button and select “Back”, and you’re back in the “NETWORK LOCK” screen
- Press the menu button and select “Back”, and you’re in the “PHONE CONTROL” screen
- Press the menu button and select “Back”, and you’re in the “DEBUG SCREEN” screen
- Finally, press the menu button and select “Back”, and you’re back in the “UMTS MAIN MENU” screen
- Select  COMMON
- In “COMMON” screen, select  NV REBUILD
Now you are in the “NV REBUILD” screen, you should see the following text:
You can Restore Cal/NV
- Now for the final step.
In “NV REBUILD” screen, select  Restore Back-up
The button lights for menu and back should come on, and the phone will auto reboot in a few seconds.
This video demonstrates how to SIM unlock Galaxy S4 for free
How to unlock Galaxy S4 – Method 2
This unlocking procedure is based on latest FCC directive for unlocking smartphones. To make things more clear here is the important FCC order which bound all carriers and operators to unlock smartphones to use on other networks.
Before you call customer care to unlock your Samsung Galaxy S4 make sure you have all the details about the contract attached to the phone subscription.
Will my provider unlock my phone?
All service providers who signed onto the CTIA Consumer Code for Wireless Service have fully implemented the six standards on unlocking. Participants include all nationwide service providers, as well as a number of regional providers. Each participating provider has posted its unlocking policy on its company website and will respond to unlock requests.
Here are the unlocking policies for major service providers in USA
AT&T Mobile Unlocking Policy
All relevant information for AT&T is present at this link https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/
T-Mobile Mobile Unlock Policy
T-Mobile also has similar policy as AT&T when it comes to mobile unlock. You check the details here https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-1588
Also you need the IMEI (International Mobile Station Equipment Identity) number of the phone. Each phone has a unique IMEI assigned to it.
You can get the IMEI of your Galaxy S4 by the following methods.
1. Open the phone application on your Galaxy S4
2. Type *#06# . This will show up the IMEI number of the phone.
1. Open Settings. Go to More and then press on About Device.
2. In About Device there is a option called status. Tap on that and you can find your IMEI.
After getting the IMEI call your customer support and they will help you to get the Unlock Code.