Sometimes when we have issues with our device, we are forced to make a Factory Reset on it. The Factory Reset is a process that may help you with having problems with the blank or frozen screen, apps crashing, keypad/touchpad problems, audio issues, device making noises, not receiving or making calls and syncing issues.
For making a Factory Reset, there are two ways. You can either make factory reset from your software, or you can make a ‘hard’ factory reset. We will see both of the ways on this topic. Let’s get started.
How to reset Galaxy S7
Method 1: Making a Factory Reset from inside your software
There are few steps which will we show you below, on how you can make a factory reset on the easier way. This step might not be an optimal solution, and it might not be as effective as the second way, but it’s worth trying. Have in mind that before you start with this step, you must ensure that you have back up on all of your files, because every data that you have will be deleted with factory reset, and it will bring your device back to its original state when you bought it.
- Swipe down your Notifications bar.
- Open the Settings menu.
- Swipe down until you see Backup and Reset.
- Select and open Backup and Reset.
- Select Factory Data Reset. Scroll down through the menu if you don’t see the Factory Data Reset at the beginning.
- Select Reset Device.
- Select Erase Everything.
After you finish with all of these steps, leave your device for some time to completely finishes with the Factory Reset. You can also try the other way. Follow it below.
Method 2: Making a ‘hard’ Factory Reset
- Turn off your device.
- Press and hold the Volume Up and Home buttons.
- While holding both of the buttons, press and hold the Power button.
- Keep holding the buttons until you see the RECOVERY BOOTING text.
- Use the Volume Down button to navigate through the menu, and then highlight and select the ‘wipe data/factory reset’ option.
- Select YES.
- Select Reboot System now.
- The device will take longer than usual to finish the rebooting.
With this you have done what it’s necessary to make a Factory Reset. Both of the ways are pretty easy and simple, just make sure you are making them as it should. If the Factory Reset doesn’t help you with your issue, then you should try different solutions.