Sammobile leaked a test ROM for Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 today with Android 4.2.2. Galaxy Note 8.0 comes with Android 4.1.2 preloaded and Samsung will provide upgrade to Android Jelly Bean 4.2.2 sometime in the future. But there is no updated information from Samsung about the upgrade.
If you want to try your hand on the test software download Android Jelly Bean 4.2.2 for Galaxy Note 8.0 here. This is an official test software.
The Galaxy Note 8.0 features a 8.0” 1280 x 800 (WXGA) display, 5 megapixel camera, Quad-Core processor clocked at 1.6 GHz, Touch-Wiz Nature UX, S Pen functions.
- MAKE SURE TO BACK-UP EVERYTHING BEFORE YOU PROCEED!!!
- Unzip the file
- Open Odin 3.07 (already included in the firmware package)
- Restart phone in download mode
- (Press and hold Home + Power + Volume down buttons)
- Connect phone and wait until you get a blue sign in Odin
- Add CODE_N5110XXCMG2_1031850_REV01_user_low_ship.tar to CODE
- Add CSC_OXA_N5110OXACMG2_1031850_REV01_user_mid_noship.tar to CSC
- Add kona_wifi.pit to PIT
- Make sure re-partition is ticked
- Start flash, sit back and wait a few minutes.
- If you encounter any issues with the firmware (Any FC, Bootloop etc)
- Boot into recovery mode (Home+ Power + Volume Up)
- Choose to wipe/factory reset.
- (THIS WILL ERASE ALL OF YOUR DATA INCLUDING YOUR INTERNAL SD CARD!)
- Then choose reboot and you should be good to go!