Sources say that it was a “minor incident” at the Samsung SDI Co LTD factory. Apparently, the fire was caused by waste products that contained faulty batteries. Note 7 phones included. The blaze has since been extinguished and no injuries were reported. However, this was the last thing that Samsung needed right now. It just turns an eye on everyone and affects poorly on lithium-ion battery technology.
The good news however is that the incident was caused by old batteries that were rendered unusable waste. The fire did not break out on the production line so that is a bonus. Imagine if a battery burst on the production line. That could be the end of Samsung phones.